Why is the Varna City Card service suspended?
Due to the uncertainty of the current situation and the COVID-19 pandemic, we had to make the hard decision to suspend the Varna City Card service for the foreseeable future. We hope that we will be able to resume operations in 2021!
What are the main benefits of Varna City Card?
Varna City Card gives you free admission to top museums and galleries, numerous deals at popular locations, free mobile app & navigator, and a free city map.
How can I buy Varna City Card?
You can buy CITY CARD in three ways:
– from the website: by visiting our website varnacitycard.com and buying the card virtually. The card with unique QR code will be sent to your e-mail for you to print or save as an image on your phone.
– from the app: by downloading the Varna City Card app, purchasing the card in-app and using the unique QR code it generates. The app is available for download in the App Store and/or Google Play.
– from an offline location: by visiting one of our offline points of sale and buying the physical card. You can find details on our website.
How much does Varna City Card cost?
Varna City Card is available for 24 and 72 hours in versions for “adult” or “adult & child”. The longer the duration, the better the value. Check out our website for details on the prices: varnacitycard.com.
How do I activate Varna City Card?
The card is activated the first time you visit a location when an employee scans the QR on your virtual or physical card.
How does Varna City Card work?
Simply visit one of our locations and show your city card to an employee. They will scan the card’s QR code and validate your visit.
How can I use the deals included in Varna City Card?
You can use Varna City Card in three ways, depending on the way you bought it:
– when buying the card from our website: buy Varna City Card from the website shop and you will receive an e-mail with your card and a unique QR code. Print the card or save it as an image on your phone. Every time you visit a location, show the QR code to the employee and your visit will be validated.
– when using the physical card: when on location, show the QR code on the back of your card to the employee and tell them which deal you wish to use. The employee will scan the code and validate your visit.
– when using the app: download the Varna City Card app, buy Varna City Card or sync your physical card with the app. When you are at a location go to “My city card” menu and your QR code will appear – show it to the employee and they will scan it. The system will validate your visit.
How can I pay for a deal?
Paying cash is the only option unless another payment method is described in the location’s profile on the website / mobile app.
How long is Varna City Card valid for?
After purchase, Varna City Card will be valid in the next 6 months. The card gets activated for 24 or 72 hours on your first visit at one of the locations.
Is a 24-hour Varna City Card active for 24 hours or 1 day?
A 24-hour city card is valid for 24 hours from the date and time of its activation. The card is activated the first time you use it. For example, if you activated the card at 14:00, it will be valid until 13:59 the next day.
Is there a limit to how many locations I can visit in one day?
There is no limit to how many locations you can visit in one day, regardless of your card type (24 or 72-hours).
Can I visit the same location twice with Varna City Card?
With Varna City Card you are entitled to one visit per location. Re-visit is not possible.
How many people can I bring with me on one Varna City Card?
City Card is valid for one person only. However, if you have the “Adult & Child” card, you can bring one child under 18 with you.
What happens if I loose my physical Varna City Card?
Unfortunately, we cannot replace your city card. You will need to buy a new card.
What happens if I uninstall the app after having bought Varna City Card virtually in-app?
You just need to install the app again – it will remember your card. Unfortunately, if you loose your phone, we cannot replace your city card.